Please check the ReadMe first.
Build a package and install it
Just follow the instructions below in order to build a package for Mageia or Arch Linux and install it. Furthermore you can reuse the Mageia's spec file and also build a package for other rpm-based distributions like Fedora or openSUSE.
- Download the PKGBUILD from AUR
- Copy the PKGBUILD to an empty folder
pacman -U ende-1.0.master-1-any.pkg.tar
- Help? See ArchLinux Wiki
- Make sure you have installed the rpm-build package and that the rpmbuild folder is in your home directory (see Mageia Wiki)
- Download the sources and the dictionary file and place both files in your home directory under ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES/
- Download the spec file
- Build the rpm package by running:
rpmbuild -ba ende.spec
- Go to ~/rpmbuild/RPMS/ and install the rpm package e. g. with:
Install pre-built packages
If you do not want to build the packages on your own, you can easily use pre-built packages for Mageia, Arch Linux, Fedora and openSUSE:
Open the application:
Now you can search something or use some option switch (starting with a dot). Here are some examples:
- Search for 'search term'. The results have a bottom-up order so you can start reading at the last line and continue to the top:
- Set the translation mode:
.de // translation mode: de -> en
.en // translation mode: en -> de
- Exit the application:
- For further help you can print out help instructions:
English-German dictionary file from the "ding" project. Download the "de-en.txt" file here: http://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/Local/urz/ding/de-en/
For developing: Copy the "de-en.txt" file in the root folder of the Eclipse project.
For packaging: Copy the "de-en.txt" in the folder where the runnable jar file lies.
Importing the project with Eclipse
- Open/create a workspace
- Import the project: File | Import | General | Existing Projects into Workspace
- Fetch and configure the dependencies
- Errors? Try: Project | Clean